Preventive Dentistry in Oshawa, ON
Did you know that it’s possible to avoid costly and complicated dental procedures such as root canals and extractions by taking steps to ensure that you never need these treatments? Yes, it’s possible to go through your life with a set of healthy teeth. Unfortunately, many people wait until it’s too late.
Preventive dentistry is a branch of dentistry that’s concerned with helping people enjoy excellent oral health throughout their lives.
If you’re interested in preventive dentistry in Oshawa, ON, give Conlin Dentistry a call today. Our greatest joy is in helping our patients avoid dental problems that compromise oral and overall health. When you have a happy and healthy smile, it translates into a better quality of life. A bright and beautiful set of teeth allows you to smile more, eat your favorite foods, interact without inhibition, avoid diseases linked to poor oral health, and talk freely.
Forms of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry begins at home. When you’re brushing and flossing your teeth as required, that counts as preventive dentistry. Conlin Dentistry provides various preventive dental procedures that serve to enhance your at-home dental care efforts. Book an appointment with our dentist in Oshawa, ON if you’d like to enjoy any of the services listed below:
- Dental x-rays. Dental images are essential in the prevention and diagnosis of various dental problems.
- Routine dental examinations. During your regular oral exams, our dentist will identify any signs of concerns and provide intervention for the same.
- Dental cleanings. These help to prevent the accumulation of plaque and tartar, which are the main culprits behind tooth decay and gum disease.
- Oral cancer screenings. Our dentist will check for signs that may be indicative of pre-cancerous conditions. These include lesions, lumps, bleeding, and difficulty when swallowing.
- Dental sealants. Dental sealants cover or seal off the grooves of the back teeth, thus protecting your teeth against cavity-causing bacteria, acids, and plaque.
- Fluoride treatments. Fluoride is essential for strengthening tooth enamel, resulting in healthy, strong teeth that can resist fracturing and cavities.
- Oral health education. Our dentist will demonstrate the correct brushing and flossing technique, thus empowering you to take better care of your teeth at home.
Why Preventive Dentistry is Essential
Everybody wants to have a perfect smile. Unfortunately, not everybody takes steps to make this ideal smile a reality. You can ensure you never lose a tooth in your lifetime by prioritizing preventive dental procedures. Don’t wait until you’ve developed cavities to visit our dentist. Instead, let Conlin Dentistry show you how you can avoid cavities by scheduling regular dental cleanings and fluoride treatments.
Preventive dentistry is particularly crucial for children as it lays a foundation on which healthy permanent teeth can erupt.
While it saves you plenty of money in the future, the overarching benefit of preventive dentistry is that it allows you and your loved ones to enjoy excellent oral health—something that everyone deserves!
Are you looking for preventive dentistry near you? Visit Conlin Dentistry today in Oshawa, ON.